A fun and delicious half day with a local village family for those who would like to try their hands cooking with the local.
Start the journey with bamboo rafting through the amazing limestone cliff scenery of the lower Klong Sok river. Then, head to the open kitchen to learn how to cook Thai village style. You will learn to scrape coconut with a 'rabbit scarper', slice banana flower, and cook rice in bamboo. All dishes will be cooked over an open fire, and you will then enjoy them for your lunch or dinner, depending on the time of your tour.
Price: THB 1,500
Per Person - Based on minimum of 2 People
- 9:00 - 12.30 or 15:00 - 18:30
- 3-3.5 hrs
- Additional 7% government VAT tax will be added.
- Round trip transfers, rafting trip
- Local cooking host
- Cooking ingredients
- Meals cooked by you!
What to Bring
- Notebook and pen to write down recipes
- Your enthusiasm to be a chef!
Example of the dishes are:
- Rice Steamed in Bamboo
- Banana Blossom Flower or Stir Fried Green Local Vegetable
- Barbecued Pork or Chicken
- Coconut Curry with Fern (seasonal) or other vegetable found in nature
- Seasonal Fruits
Please note: This is an informal cooking experience with local Khao Sok people.
Child price: 1,200B